1. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking.
2. The latest surveys show that quite a few children have unpleasant associations with homework.
3. No invention has received more praise and abuse than the Internet.
4. People seem to fail to take into account the fact that education does not end with graduation.
5. An increasing number of people are beginning to realize that education is not complete with graduation.
6. When it comes to education, the majority of people believe that education is a lifetime study. (lifelong learning)
7. Many experts point out that physical exercise contributes directly to a person’s physical fitness.
8. Proper measures must be taken to limit the number of foreign tourists and the great efforts should be made to protect local environment and history from the harmful effects of international tourism.
9. An increasing number of experts believe that migrants will exert positive effects on construction of city. However, this opinion is now being questioned by more and more city residents, who complain that the migrants have brought many serious problems like crime and prostitution.
10. Many city residents complain that there are so few buses in their city that they have to spend much more time waiting for a bus, which is usually crowded with a large number of passengers.
许多市民抱怨城市的公交车太少，以至于他们要花很长时间等一辆公交车，而车上可能已满载乘客。 (be packed with)
11. There is no denying the fact that air pollution is an extremely serious problem: the city authorities should take strong measures to deal with it. <There’s no doubt that … / No/Without doubt, … >
12. An investigation shows that female workers tend to have a favorable attitude toward retirement. (survey / investigation / research ) ( be in favour of // support the idea of …)
13. A proper part-time job does not occupy students’ too much time. In fact, it is unhealthy for them to spend all of time on their study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. <take up>
14. Any government, which is blind to this point, may pay a heavy price.
任何政府忽视这一点都将付出巨大的代价。 <be blind to / ignore / neglect / overlook // fail to take into account )
15. Nowadays, many students always go into raptures at the mere mention of the coming life of high school or college they will begin. Unfortunately, for most young people, it is not pleasant experience on their first day on campus.
16. In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures should be taken before things get worse.
17. The majority of students believe that part-time job will provide them with more opportunities to develop their interpersonal skills, which may put them in a favorable position in the future job markets.
18. It is indisputable that there are millions of people who still have a miserable life and have to face the dangers of starvation and exposure.
19. Although this view is widely held, there is little evidence that education can be obtained at any age and at any place.
20. No one can deny the fact that a person’s education is the most important aspect of his life.
21. People equate success in life with the ability of operating the computer.
22. In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.
23. In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.
24. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
25. People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.
26. The information I’ve collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be less useful than most people think.
27. Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduate. (commonly) (No. 27==No.44)
28. This is a matter of life and death--a matter no country can afford to ignore.
29. For my part, I agree with the latter opinion for the following reasons:
30. Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.
31. This view is now being questioned by more and more people.
32. Although many people claim that, along with the rapidly economic development, the number of people who use bicycles is decreasing and (that) the bicycle is bound to die out, the information I’ve collected over the recent years leads me to believe that bicycles will continue to play extremely important roles in modern society. <类指: “the bicycle”或 “bicycles”>
33. Environmental experts point out that increasing pollution not only causes serious problems such as global warming but also could threaten to end human life on our planet.
34. In view of such serious situation, environmental tools of transportation like bicycles are more important than any time before.
35. Using bicycles contributes greatly to people’s physical fitness as well as easing traffic jams.
36. Despite many obvious advantages of the bicycle, it is not without its problem.
尽管自行车有许多明显的优点，但是它也存在它的问题。(regardless of / in spite of…)
37. Bicycles can’t be compared with other means of transportation like cars and trains for speed and comfort.
38. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that advantages of the bicycle far outweigh its disadvantages and it will still play essential roles in modern society.